Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pune Diaries: 31-08-2007 ... romancin....the city.....

Life down here has been one amazing journey so far. My initial days were plagued by emotions of me getting overtly esctatic even at the sight of a Shivneri headed to Bombay. However as time has passed by, I've slowly started kinda liking this city!
Yea I'm sure Pooja would be commenting "See, I told you so many times!" Pune has its own charm for sure, whether that be the slow frenzied lazy morning walks enjoyed by both young and old alike or the trips to E-Square (I still haven't been to KP much...so still to write about that....) The best part of this city is its weather. As rightly said by some, its centrally air conditioned as the weather remains pleasant thru most parts of the year, monsoons and winters being heavenly. After experiencing super duper heavy seasonal monsoons in Bombay I was expecting quite the same out there, however it was quite the opposite. Rains come down drizzling, never too harsh, yet touching your soul with mother earth calling out to you with its effervescent fragrance. There is something about it, seriously I mean it, even amongst the most mind boggling software engineering presentations and project submissions, the occassional drift in the air, just about made me feel,fall in love with life again. Is it possible in any other metropolis in India? I really doubt coz its something too personal a feeling that I'm beginning to share with this city. Yea, is quite the opposite of whatever I considered it to be. Life is short, and as my friend Amol often remarks with great propheze, that "Have no expectations with life, you shall remain always happy!" It holds true and I'm learning the same. I'm still getting to know my classmates, some of them have a great set of real life experiences, some are quite senior, have dabbled in jobs previously, so have a far greater insight of life, some have drifted along to this college just like me. I've got close to my roomies, its a lot of them, seven in totality, each one bring something unique in our stay. Our late night ventures into Uno and Monopoly, are sure folklore have spoken of, and great times we spend counselling each other, on handling the most complex intricacy of our times, women. Its exciting ragging the hell out of some of them as it sure brings out our innocence quite a rarity today. I recently visited Level-9, a coffee shop on top of the 9th floor of ICC tower(supposedly a big corporate park in Pune). I must admit the view was fabulous. I could not only view more than half of Pune, I could also see the airport from there. Quite a place, and it filled a great sense of pride to spot my college standing tall amidst the SB Road skyline. We all have a child to us, and it just about brought it out of me, the moment I spotted the drizzle on the terrace area and me felt like shaking a step or two. A sure stop for once, one of the best places to groove over some coffee and conversations in Pune, surely a must visit, for some golden moments to be cherished (Robin has this theory that all the so called coffee joints loot customers over their golden moments:)

No comments:

Post a Comment